Thursday, January 10, 2008

Well I'll be stuffed ...more yabber from Oz



Leaving Sydney in the caravan was bonkers. Sheila (me mate) was certain we'd be in a bingle if I didn't keep more centre than left. I kept say'n "apples she'll be" but she'd have none of it. When she saw I was getting on fine she smiled and said "you're a right bastard". I smiled back and said "love you too" sheila. Now that we're on the coast everything is bonzer. Couldn't believe all the ankle biters with boogie boards runnin about the camp. I asked if I could try and the one wee lad said "How ya goin, mate... sure, give it a go ... but from the look of ya, I'd say you're a shark biscuit... right?" I said "right mate ... better not try to be a show pony for the sheilas today."



We were up early only to be confronted by a dingo's breakfast. Oh well, headed out hungry but met another early riser, a greenie with good oil about koala sightings. Her mate said she had a kangaroo loose in the top paddock ... koalas are almost never seen in this camp ... certainly not in the 12 years he'd been coming. Turns out the bloke was a knocker ... a group of us stood gobsmacked under the calypso watching koala fill his boots up in the canopy. The same greenie said that if we went up the lane tonight at dusk it would be London to a brick that we'd see roos out grazing the paddock. Spent much of the day down at the surf. Watching the locals and taking advice from the nipper we stayed between the flags .... powerful rip tides. No worries though, worst that happened was a bum burned ankle biter (Mikaela). We had to head out to the chemist for some aloe. But overall we were quite stoked about our first day of R and R in Oz. Finished up with some snags I stirred up on the barby. Just now I'm into the amber fluid ... picked up a slab at the grocers today. Life is good and so is the weather ... 28 with sun and surf and cloud thank God.

BOSgone

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so jealous. We are having really crappy weather!
love from blubs

Tanya said...

less yabber and some translation, please

:)

Tan

FraserFamily said...

i agree tanya! can't understand a word Bertie boy! ha ha ha...whoa! it does sound hot though!