Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July 31 ... No really ... it's a Great tent


We decided to simplify this trip ... leave the monster coleman trailer in the driveway ... stay in a combination of spare bedrooms (" I've always depended on the kindness of strangers") campgrounds and motels. Last week I saw a man about a tent. He was a nice old Dutch guy. He had lots of good stories. "The tent was never used." We met in a parking lot. I paid cash.

Set the tent up in Owen Sound and discovered the floor is not attached. I tried to convince Karen that it is a really really good tent ... that bugs sleep at night and racoons always knock before pushing themselves into what surely must be a dining tent. Bob (father in law) said that from a bear's view point, my tent looks like a chip bag. Thank God there are no bears in Canada ... especially in the Rockies and up in Alaska / Yukon. We'll be fine ... went to Home Depot Thunderbay today and cleared them out of duct tape.

Bosgone

No comments: